In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?
My film develops some conventions of other crime thrillers as it starts out with a murder as in most cases in crime thrillers. It challenges some as it focuses on the detective rather than the criminal which happens quite frequently in crime thrillers. My film also uses the music to create tension in the film to keep the audience on the edge of their seat which is used by all kinds of thriller films. Crime thrillers typically use a serial killer which I have used in my opening sequence. I had to take into account not to break some generic rules for films such as the 180 degree rule. How does your media product represent particular social groups?
My film does not really represent any particular social group and mostly focuses on society as a whole. I have done this by showing the killer in a hoodie, this shows youth today, that they have become violent and a gang society. I have also show how the older generations are as a society; I have shown that they have become more violent. I have done this by showing the detective becoming aggressive after hearing the news about finding a new body.
What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?
What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?
I think that my opening sequence looks more like a television thriller series and it would be produced by Itv who have produced many different crime thriller series. But if it was made into a film my film would probably be produced by lionsgate as they have produced thriller films and crime thrillers in the past.
Lions Gate Entertainment
· A Canadian-American entertainment company.
· Founded in 1995
· First major box office success was American psycho in 2000.
Examples of lionsgate films
- Harry Brown
- The Bank Job
- The Next Three Days
What would be the audience for your media product?
My audience would be people aged 15-40 as people aged between 15-40 said they enjoyed thriller films the most in my survey. I would give my film a rating of 15 as their is some violent scenes and it has the potential to have more violent scenes later on in the film.
How did you attract/address your audience?
I attracted my audience by having lots of action and emotional confilcts to keep them in terested in the film. I address the audience by having my film set in a regular town so they audience feel that it could happen to anyone at anytime.
What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?
I have learnt about editing programmes such as I-movie which i used to edit my product. I have also learnt how to use some different cameras than i am use to, I have learnt new camera techniques and how to perform different camera shots.
What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?
I have learnt about editing programmes such as I-movie which i used to edit my product. I have also learnt how to use some different cameras than i am use to, I have learnt new camera techniques and how to perform different camera shots.
Looking back at your preliminary task,what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?
I have learnt a lot since the preliminary task, I have learnt about the 180 degree rule and I have also learnt about shot and reaction shots to create a conversation. I have learnt about all the different kinds of shots and what effect they have. I have learnt to use editing programmes such as Imovie I used some editing such as cuts and dissolves; I used the dissolve to show time passing and cuts to get rid of the parts that I did not want.


No comments:
Post a Comment